Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi (ファイアーエムブレム 封印の剣, Faiā Emuburemu Fūin no Tsurugi,? literally Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals or Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade) is a tactical role-playing game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. The game was released on March 29, 2002 in Japan, is the sixth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first of three games in the series that have appeared on Nintendo’s Game Boy Advance handheld. Its working title was Fire Emblem: Ankoku no Miko (暗黒の巫女?, Maiden of Darkness). It stars Roy, better known for his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Fuuin no Tsurugi takes place in the fictional continent of Elibe, which is split into six nations of diverse ruling styles: Lycia, Bern, Etruria, Sacae, Missur, and Ilia. There is an archipelago to the northwest called the Western Isles, and is composed of Caledonia, Fibernia, and Dia.
The game stars Roy, the son of Fire Emblem protagonist Eliwood. Roy leads the League of Lycia’s army against the forces of the militant country of Bern shortly after his father falls ill.
The story begins when King Zephiel, ruler of the kingdom of Bern, finishes the brutal conquest of Ilia and Sacae and sets his sights on Lycia. With the war coming to his own country, Roy is sent home to lead Pherae’s army to oppose Bern, but soon after he meets Guinevere, the princess of Bern and Zephiel’s younger sister, who has escaped from her homeland to search for a way to stop the imminent war between Bern and Lycia.
Upon the death of marquess Hector, Roy carries on the Lycian League and makes many promises: to protect Princess Guinevere and Hector’s beloved daughter, the mage Lilina, and most importantly, to save the entire continent from Zephiel’s mysterious thirst for world domination.
Connection to Fire Emblem
Fuuin no Tsurugi is set twenty years after its prequel, Fire Emblem. Because Fire Emblem takes place two decades prior to Fūin no Tsurugi and was designed to introduce western audiences to the gameplay of the Fire Emblem series, its plot is structured so that no knowledge of Fuuin no Tsurugi is required to enjoy the storyline.
* Many characters from Fuuin no Tsurugi reappear in Fire Emblem in younger forms, including Hector, Eliwood, Bartre, Karel, Merlinus, Murdock, Marcus, Zephiel, and Guinevere. The playable characters Sophia and Fa also make cameo appearances in Fire Emblem chapters, but are not playable.
* Among the playable characters in Fire Emblem are several relatives of the Fuuin no Tsurugi cast: Wolt is the son of Rebecca, and nephew of Dart; Fir is the daughter of Bartre and Karla and the niece of Karel; Lugh and Ray are the twin sons of Nino; Klein and Clarine are the children of Pent and Louise; Sue and Dayan are the daughter and father of Rath, respectively; Hugh and Niime are, respectively, the son and mother of Canas; Igrene is the daughter of Hawkeye; and Geese is the younger brother of Geitz.
* Several other characters from Fire Emblem, if their supports are maxed out with other characters, can be treated as the parent or relative of some characters. For example, Ninian can be the mother of Roy, and Lyn can be the mother of Lilina. There are other possible relations.
|Fire Emblem – Fuuin no Tsurugi|
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance|
|Release date(s)||JP March 29 2002|
Region: Download Fire Emblem – Fuuin no Tsurugi (J)
Incoming search terms:
- fire emblem binding blade english rom
- fire emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi rom
- fire emblem fuuin no tsurugi download
- fire emblem the binding blade rom
- Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi rom
- fire emblem the binding blade english rom
- fire emblem 6 rom
- fire emblem fuuin no tsurugi rom download
- download fire emblem fuuin no tsurugi
- fire emblem binding blade rom download